Subject: Minutes for SSTC Call (20 September 2011)

On 9/19/11 10:32 AM, "Thomas Hardjono" <hardjono@MIT.EDU> wrote:

>AGENDA:
>
>1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.
>
>2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Scott volunteered.

>3. Approval of minutes from last meetings:
>
>   Minutes from SSTC Call on 6 Sept 2011:
>
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201109/msg00005.htm

Nate moved to accept. Anil seconded. No objections, minutes accepted.

>4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>
>  (a) Current electronic ballots:
>     - SAML V2.0 Change Notify Protocol Version 1.0

Ballot open through Thursday; we have all the votes needed.

Various documents remain in TC-ADMIN hands. No updates.

Thinh asked if anything has to be done after the ballot closes, but the TC
believes that's automatic.

>  (g) Channel binding proposal (Scott)
>      - Any updates?

Scott received a number of papers, both published and not, with work that
the authors believe covers some similar ground to the channel binding
work. Scott is reviewing and will share in the future.

>  (h) Enhanced Client or Proxy Profile (Scott)
>      - Any updates?

No updates.

>5. Assorted mail items:
>   - STORK email from Colin Wallis:
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201109/msg00006.htm

FYI. If the STORK team were to ask for SSTC input, this document is useful
as a baseline to evaluate the standards compliance of their profile.

Scott: I have serious issues with a lot of the extensions and reinvention
they did. I don't think product uptake is likely.

Thomas questioned why they might not want to submit it here. Scott noted
they would have to submit it under the IPR rules of the TC. Nate noted
that if they're not interested in making changes to it, not getting a
rubber stamp might be a concern.

>6. Other items:
>   - IIW in October

Thomas shamelessly shilled for the Kerberos conference at MIT in October
on Tues/Wed. An interop event including Project Moonshot follows.
Registration is free. Lots of speakers. A lot of the topics aren't
Kerberos related.