Subject: [public review comments] TC Admin comments on SAML 2.0 Kerberos Web Browser SSO Profile

TC Administration reviewed the above Committee Specification Public
Review Draft. The public review was announced in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201112/msg00000.html

We see no significant problems that require fixing.

We note, as a suggestion, that the Normative references to other OASIS
documents do not use the OASIS format we use in TC Admin for new work
products. We also typically link to the HTML as a convenient
electronic format for readers to access. This allows readers to
quickly view a reference without invoking another application, so they
can determine whether a given reference is of further  interest.

The citation construction that we use for OASIS documents is:

[CITATION-LABEL]  Work Product title (italicized). Approval date (DD
Month YYYY). Stage Identifier and Revision Number (e.g., Committee
Specification Draft 01). Principal URI (version-specific URI,
e.g.,including the filename component with stage and revision:
/somespec-v1.0-csd01.html).

So for example, the spec reads:

[SAML2Bind]  OASIS Standard, Bindings for the OASIS Security Assertion
Markup Language (SAML) V2.0. March 2005.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/samlbindings-2.0-os.pdf

We would format this:

[SAML2Bind] <it>Bindings for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup
Language (SAML) V2.0.</it> 15 March 2005. OASIS Standard.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/samlbindings-2.0-os.html

(For current specifications, we include these in the Citation format
section of the cover pages.)

Again, no action is required.
--

/chet