Subject: Draft Minutes for SSTC Telecon (20 March 2012)

Thomas,
Here are my draft minutes for today's call, minus the attendance list.
Regards,
Ari

> Proposed Agenda SSTC Conference Call
> Tuesday 20 March 2012, 12:00pm ET
>
> Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-699-3239.
> Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-792-6300.
> Access code: 649 646 419 #  (NEW)
> Meeting Password: samlsaml.
> Webex web join (see URL below).
>

> AGENDA:
>
> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.
>
> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.
>
> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>    - Minutes from SSTC Call on 6 March 2012:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-
> services/201203/msg00006.html

Chad moves to adopt minutes. John B. seconds. Motion passes with no objections.

> 4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>
>   (a) Current electronic ballots: (none)
>
>   (b) Status/notes regarding past ballots: (none)
>
>   (c) Kerberos Web browser SSO Profile (Josh/Thomas)
>
>   (d) Metadata Extensions for Registration & Publication Info (Chad)
>       - AI: requesting TC approval to move to CS.
>
>   (e) Metadata Extensions for Login and Discovery User Interface (MDUI)
> (Scott)
>       - AI: requesting TC approval to move to CS.

Scott moves (twice in parallel), to progress both of the above (d & e) Metadata Extensions documents to CS. Chad seconds. Motions pass without objections.

>   (f) SAML2.0 Approved Errata (Scott)

Scott mentions that everything in the AE doc is fair game for review, even older errata, as these may form the basis for a revision of the SAML 2.0 specs.

>   (g) SAML 2.0.1 and Security Considerations doc

Scott is still thinking about what he wants to propose.

>   (h) Security-18 (Scott)
>       - Updated by Scott.
>
>     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-
> services/201202/msg00021.html

Scott notes that this has been added to the Errata, so can be removed from agenda going forward.

> 5. Assorted mail items:

When was the last SSTC Webinar? 2005/2006? General expression of lack of time to work on something like this.
Scott suggests that proposed scope of work for the 2.0.1 spec revision might be a good 20-30 minute topic.
Post-2.0 work as well should be included, as that will be merged back into the core specs as part of the revision.
Scott suggests we respond that we'd be interested, but the SSTC needs to make some determinations about upcoming topics before we propose anything concrete.
Scott wants to target people who are invested in SAML, but are not participating in the standards process, who would be interested in what new work is planned.

> 6. Other items:
>    - IETF-Paris coming up soon.
>
> 7. Next SSTC Call:
>    - Tue 3 April 2012.