Subject: Fwd: [security-services] Proposed Minutes for SSTC Call (Tue 17 April 2012)

Rarely have minutes accomplished so much -- answers to a variety of things, from Chet, relayed with permission.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: April 17, 2012 17:47:44  GMT+00:00
To: Nate Klingenstein <ndk@internet2.edu>

Hi Nate - Saw your minutes, some quick answers below...

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Nate Klingenstein <ndk@internet2.edu> wrote:

  (c) Metadata Extensions for Registration&  Publication Info (Chad)

Waiting until we hear from TC-Admin here, but we believe this specification
passed as well.  Thomas will email TC-Admin after the call and CC the
authors.

There was a ballot to approve as CS. It passed & it looks like I
didn't notify you so thanks for the nudge. I will get a ticket entered
and queue it up to be published.

  (d) Metadata Extensions for Login and Discovery User Interface (MDUI)
(Scott)

It is the next one for assignement. We should have it assigned today
or tomorrow and published first thing next week at the latest.

Percolating through the process at present.  Scott thought that PDF's were
not being generated, while HTML was, and although OASIS is treating HTML as
the standard publication format, we need a PDF as well at minimum to avoid
forcing people to use the ODF files.  Our ODF files don't convert cleanly to
HTML; we'd have to use Docbook.  Scott will confirm that his memory here is
correct and will contact TC-Admin if so and weigh whether it's worth
fighting this.

We will generate both PDF and HTML. Also, we don't pick the
Authoritative format, that is completely your call. ODF does cause
some headaches in generating HTML but we have worked out a
satisfactory, if somewhat clunky, process. There is nothing you all
need to do at this point.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298