Subject: Re: [security-services] New work product requests submitted

Hi Scott - I'm adding Paul to the thread since he will be preparing
the starter document/templates for you.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

>>the idea come up. My initial reaction is this: if you envision this as
>>one large multi-part work product...
>
> Well, the original standards worked like that, a set of documents
> submitted as one standard. We never did an overview in the sense you mean
> it, so that would be new. I suppose in some sense, core was meant to be
> the intro document, but I suspect for lots of reasons we need something
> else. Right now, I'm focused on the work of just getting the new drafts in
> place.

Ok, that's great then. I thought you wanted them to be stand alone.
And since you are just looking to get the new drafts positioned for
the next round of work -- that is, mirror the current organization --
no problem going forward as is.

The idea of the overview is just that one document acts as the
starting point for the collection and says "this is one part of a
multi-part specification that also includes..." It shouldn't be an
problem.

By the way, the tickets are:

TCADMIN-1048		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Glossary for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1047		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Security and Privacy Considerations for the OASIS Security Assertion
Markup Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1046		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Conformance Requirements for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup
Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1045		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Authentication Context for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup
Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1044		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Metadata for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1043		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Profiles for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1042		 Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Bindings for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.1

TCADMIN-1041		Work Product Registration / Template Request for
Assertions and Protocols for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup
Language (SAML) V2.1

We should have them for you in a day or two.

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen