OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: Proposed Agenda for SSTC Telecon (10 December 2013)

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.


> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Chad taking notes.

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>    - Minutes from SSTC Call on 26 November 2013:
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-
> services/201312/msg00000.html

Chad moved to accept.  Hal second'ed.  No objection.  Motion passed.

> 4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>   (a) Current electronic ballots: None.
>   (b) Status/notes regarding past ballots: None.
>   (c) SAML 2.1 work (Chad)
>       - SAML2.1 wiki:
>         https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>       - Chad's list:
>         https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21
>       - Sample ToC for an SSO Profile:
>         https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML21ExampleProtocol
>       - AI for everybody:  please review SSO profile draft & give feedback.
>         (This will part of a multi-part specification).

No comments yet from the TC.

Scott: Document was more or less what he expected to see.  Raises a fundamental problem: how do you design a document that defines a reusable protocol but also defines a specific profile of that protocol?  The conformance document today is heavily profile centric.

Chad: What if we just say, in the intro, that the protocol section is meant to be reused and the profile sections aren't really.

Scott:  Maybe a better approach is to rename the document to something more thematic name rather than structural name: e.g., instead of SSO protocol and profile, talk about authentication problem space.  Maybe something like "Authentication with SAML".

Chad: This would help clarify things like Attribute queries instead of hiding them within the "query protocol" document.

Frederich: Does it make sense to list the functional aspects before carving up the documents further?

[AI] Chad will look at the 2.0 documents and suggest a document set that is more aligned with themes and send that to the TC.

>   (d) Conceptual/overview of Metadata (Rainer Hoerbe)
>       - Further Steps thread. Any updates?
> https://www.oasis-
> open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?document_id=5036
> 2

Rainer not present.  Will be kept on the agenda.
>   (e) XSPA updates (Mohammad Jafari)
>      - Any updates?

No updates.

>   (f) SAML Token Profile for ebMS (Ian Otto / Australia)
>       - Any updates or news from the 30-day PR.

Ian not present.

>   (g) Folding SAML.XML.ORG material into SAML/SSTC site.
>       - AI: Thomas to contact Chet, Dee & Carol at OASIS.

Carol said they would like to keep the site up and put a notice on each page that the site was no longer accepting new posts, that it is for historical info only, and directing people to the SAML wiki page.

SAML wiki needs to be given a once-over to make sure it's up to date.  

[AI] Scott will create a new front page that is a bit more readable/organized.

> 5. Assorted mail items:
> 6. Other items:

No other items.

Next meeting: Jan 7th

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]