Subject: Proposed Minutes for SSTC Call (5 August 2014)

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Nate
Frederick
Thomas
Mohammad
Scott

Apologies from Hal and Anil.  Chad is seeking other participation routes.

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Nate volunteered.

> 3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
>
>   - Minutes from SSTC Call on 22nd July 2014:
>
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201407/msg00006.html

Quorum was achieved despite August.  Mohammad moved for the approval of the minutes and Nate seconded.  No objections and the minutes were adopted.

>  (c) SAML 2.1 work (Chad)
>      - SAML2.1 wiki:
>        https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2Revision
>
>      - Starter docs:
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201403/msg00010.html

Since Chad is seeking the best means with which to participate in the OASIS SSTC, this work is temporarily pending either his return or further consideration.

>  (d) Conceptual/overview of Metadata (Rainer Hoerbe)
>      - SSTC review is requested.

Rainer was not able to join this call.

>  (e) XSPA updates (Mohammad Jafari)
>     - Updates done recently -- expecting another round of reviews.
>     - Other news?

No updates from Mohammad's area as they're busy with other aspects of the specification and issues and have not gotten a chance to work on this piece yet.  He anticipates having something ready for the SSTC by next meeting.

> 5. Assorted mail items:

Back channel communication was received by the SSTC regarding potential additional standardization of mechanisms for communication of authentication quality.  The major deployers of this additional architecture are interested in standardization and the SSTC is interested in learning about their work, so some time on an upcoming SSTC call will be allocated for an initial presentation of the work.

> 7. Next SSTC Call:
>   - Tuesday 19 August 2014.

We look forward to speaking with anyone who is not on vacation then,
Nate.