Subject: RE: [security-services] On allowing multiple value types for an attribute

Thanks Hal. I was referring to Section 2.7.3. line 1168: which requires Assertions containing <AttributeStatement> elements to contain a <Subject> element as well.

I think regardless of the optionality of the ID my questions about interoperability with XACML still remain:
- Should the XACML subject-id be encoded as the ID under saml:Subject or as a SAML Attribute?
- If saml:Subject includes an ID, should it be mapped into an XACML attribute?
- If there is a subject-id in the SAML Attributes and there is also an ID under saml:Subject, should they match?

The XACML Attribute profile of SAML is currently silent about the above questions but we need to make decisions about these in XSPA.

Regards,
Mohammad