Subject: Minutes/Notes SSTC Conference Call (30 August 2016)

Minutes/Notes SSTC Conference Call (30 August 2016)

AGENDA:

1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Scott, Hal, Mohammad, Thomas

Quorum achieved.

2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Thomas takes minutes.

3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):

- February 16 meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201602/msg00002.html

- June 7th meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201606/msg00001.html

Hal moves to accept both minutes. Scott seconds. no objections.

4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:

  (a) Current electronic ballots: None.

  (b) Status/notes regarding past ballots: None.

  (c) Integration of token binding into SAML (Scott)

IETF work on binding tokens within SSL exchange.
See The Token Binding Protocol Version 1.0
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-https/

Need SSTC community to pay attention into this.

Scott:  we could easily do the same for SAML2.0 assertions.
There are already existing channel-binding RFCs (e.g. in GSSAPI).
This new token binding could also be used in GSSAPI.

(5) Next meeting: 22 November 2016.

(Note that we are meeting roughly every 3 months or 12 weeks).