Subject: Re: [security-services] New drafts posted

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for helping with this document, I really appreciate it. It looks much better now.

Since there were no other comments on this topic and based on the confirmation received from Chet Ensign, that it is possible to vote a Committee Draft outside a meeting -- do you think the document is in a good enough shape to start that Vote-by-email process?

(b) Standing Rule for email voting: Since the SSTC meets only quarterly (roughly every 3 months), in order to prevent delays to specs is there a way for us to vote via email (e.g. vote for Committee Drafts, etc).

Yes. You can do it via the ballot facility or by opening an email in a ballot and requesting +1 / -1 / abstain votes from the mail list.
To be  honest, the ballot facility is just a lot easier to use. It puts everything in one place.
If you do want to run it by email, then it is best to follow up with a concluding email when it closes saying for example 'the ballot received 7 +1s and 1 -1 and 1 abstain' so that the conclusion is recorded.
You can also make and second motions on the email list as well.
/chet"

Regards,
Madalina