Subject: Notes from SSTC Call (Tuesday 12 March 2019)

Couldn't find last meeting's notes in the list archives, so reposting them for approval today.

Nick

Forwarded message:

From: Nick Roy <nroy@internet2.edu>
To: OASIS SSTC <security-services@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: Re: [security-services] Proposed Agenda for SSTC Call (Tuesday 12 March 2019)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:09:07 +0000

Minutes from this meeting:

ââ

OASIS SSTC Meeting 2019-03-12

  1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

Attendees: Hal, Scott, Nick, Mohammad

  1. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Nick volunteered

  1. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):

-- Tuesday 18 December 2018

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201812/msg00009.html

Unanimously approved

  1. AIs & progress update on current work-items:

    (a) Current electronic ballots

SAML subject identifier approved as comittee spec

Any prospect of three orgs giving statements of use to pave the way for adoption as a standard?
- Scott believes we can get this from three orgs deploying using the spec
- Administration of OASIS standards from a chair standpoint is much easier now - modeled on IETF process
- OASIS does a public review, allows people to raise objections
- We'll wait for three attestations, if we get them, Hal or Thomas can call for a ballot
- Rules for attestation are specified in the TC process docs
- All orgs do not need to be OASIS member orgs, only one
- AI: Scott to pursue this with Nick to drum up attestations
- Could also pick up some older committee specs and standardize due to existing deployments - check with TC-admin if there is reformatting needed

(b) Status report.

(c) SAML V2.0 Subject Identifier Attributes Profile v1.0 from SAML TC approved as a Committee Specification.

  1. Any other business

Informational: Taking the updated SAML deployment profile to Kantara to get it reviewed and ratified here, similar to the implementation profile.

Next scheduled meeting: June 4