Subject: Form submission from: Request a Special Majority Vote to proceed to Candidate OASIS Standard

Submitted on Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 12:49
Submitted by user:
Submitted values are:

Your name: Scott Cantor
TC name: Security Services (SAML)
TC email address: security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Title: SAML V2.0 Metadata Interoperability Profile Version 1.0
Committee Specification URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0
Committee Specification editable source URI(s):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-metadata-iop-cs-01.odt
Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances are well-formed and
that expressions are valid: We so certify
Clear English-language summary of the specification: This profile describes a
set of rules for SAML metadata producers and consumers to follow such that
federated relationships can be interoperably provisioned, and controlled at
runtime in a secure, understandable, and self-contained fashion.
Relationship of this specification to similar work: This work was based on
the
use of SAML metadata in open source projects, principally Shibboleth,
developed
during the early life of the SAML standardization effort.
     --Statements of Use--
       Link to Statement of Use #1:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/201903/msg00003.html
       Link to Statement of Use #2:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/201903/msg00007.html
       Link to Statement of Use #3:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201903/msg00008.html
       Additional Statements of Use:

     --Public Reviews--
       First public review announcement URI:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200903/msg00062.html
       Comment resolution log:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200906/msg00010.html
       Additional public review announcement URIs:
       Additional comment resolution log URIs: http://

Approval link:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201906/msg00010.html
Earlier attempts to standardize: No
Sources of explanatory information:
Notes:
Deep apologies for the age of this specification relative to our attempt to
standardize it, as I know the formatting, etc. are likely to cause extra
work.
We didn't expect to move in this direction.

I think all the links above are in order but just get in touch if I need to
correct anything.

No comments were received during the CD public review of this particular
document, and we have a more detailed log of that in the wiki, but I used the
email sent to the list at the time that acknowledged no comments had been
received instead.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN