Subject: Re: [security-services] new work - saml metadata extensions for trust information

On 8/21/20, 9:21 AM, "security-services@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Leif Johansson" <security-services@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of leifj@sunet.se> wrote:

>    Looking at the information model I think we might need its not clear that it is just an attribute.

Generally speaking though...

- AttributeValue is an open content model
- anything that's not a simple-ish content model is likely to get botched or ignored anyway
- if it isn't simple, at least existing code bases that aren't lazy already support open content in AttributeValue

I'm not making a blanket statement, just speaking generally that I tend toward trying to reuse the extension then defining new ones, simply to save time and to leverage existing configuration machinery.