Subject: Re: Two scenarios

These are defined authoritatively in ISO 10181-3 (The Access Control
portion of the ISO Security Framework).
PDP means "Policy Decision Point", and PEP means "Policy Enforcement
Point".

--bob

Bob Blakley
Chief Scientist, Security
Tivoli Systems, Inc.

Jeff Hodges <jhodges@oblix.com> on 01/25/2001 02:01:52 PM

Please respond to security-use@lists.oasis-open.org

To:   security-use@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:

"Edwards, Nigel" wrote:

> Hal Lockhart has pointed out that I have incorrectly used the
> terms Policy Decision Point and Policy Enforcement Point in
> the two scenarios I posted to the list earlier.

Hal -- can you please point to doc(s) that provide PDP & PEP definitions
you do
agree with?

thanks,

JeffH