Subject: RE: Two scenarios

In a recent exchange with Anders I suggested the need to also have some kind
of Authentication Authority (I called it an Authc Domain). The reason is
that, for example, we need to support username/password authentication.
Essentially this is an entity who knows the user's password. (knows how to
authenticate the user and associate at least one attribute with him or her)

This not necessary in a pure PKI enviroment (like X.509) but I don't think
we want to introduce that restriction. ;-)

Of course, it could be closely coupled with the Attribute Authority, but
S2ML use case #1 clearly invisions that they could be distinct.

I don't really want another AA, does anybody have a better idea for a name?

Hal