Subject: Re: Use Cases & Requirements, Straw Man 1

Darren,

From strawman 1:

    Fig 3. Single Sign-on, Third-Party Security Service.

    1. Web user authenticates with security service.
    2. Security service returns [OSSML] authentication reference to Web user.
    3. Web user requests resource from destination Web site, providing authentication reference.

I don't believe I understand how this third step is supposed to be performed.
MS-Passport seems to implement something similar but uses another model
where the SSO is invoked from the destination site.  This is a better model IMO

Regards
Anders