Subject: RE: Use Cases & Requirements, Straw Man 1

I have some comments on the current use case and requirements
document. First thanks to Evan Prodromou for pulling together the
first cut in a short time.

One of the goals listed is SOAP as a messaging protocol. SOAP was one
of the inputs to the XML Protocol group in W3C. I don't follow that
group, but my understanding is that they are scheduled to have a
candidate recommendation by April 2001. Therefore wouldn't it be
better to have "XML Protocol" instead of SOAP?

One of the non-goals is listed as: "Challenge-response authentication
protocols are outside the scope of [OSSML]." Therefore are all other
possible classes of authentication protocols in? If we want to
restrict the authentication protocols allowed, then I think it would
be better to list the ones in-scope explicitly.

Scenario 2, first paragraph seems to have text missing. It ends:
"in order to determine "

In the two "Back office scenarios", I didn't understand the value of
the buyer and seller exchanging "authentication documents". Should it
be "authorization/assertion documents"? I think I might not only need
who I am engaging in a transaction with, but also if they are
authorized to do so. A similar comment applies to the Application
chain.

Finally, I think we have lost some of the valuable aspects of scenario
2 from the S2ML specification. In that scenario two exchanges were
identified, and one of the exchanges (exchange A) was inserting
statements into the documents as they flowed thru it.

Regards,
Nigel.