Subject: RE: My initial cut at domain model

I suggest that the actors we are interested in are:

User
Authn Authority (don't feel strongly about name)
Authz Authority (don't feel strongly about name)
Policy Decision Point (PDP)
Policy Enforcement Point (PEP)

I like the idea of using the terms Asserting Party (AP) and Relying Party
(RP) generically in the context of a particular interaction. This is useful
when you want to talk about things that apply accross the board.

For example, in one interaction, a PDP might be a RP to an Authz Authority
which is acting as an AP. In another interaction, a PDP might be the AP to a
PEP which is acting as a RP.

In some cases you might want to say "an Authz Authority such and such..." In
other cases you might want to say "an AP such and such..."

This is consistent with the S2ML idea that both Authz Authorities and PDPs
can assert (issue) Entitlements.

Hal