Subject: RE: Use Cases and Requirements -- Strawman Draft 2

Here are some quick inputs to the latest Strawman Draft of the
Use Case Requirements set.

I basically have 2 use cases that seem relevant to include
in the "Group 2: B2B Scenario Variations":

1) B2B Transaction using Message Oriented Middleware and S/MIME
A B2B Transaction oriented scenario using a message oriented
middleware (MOM) protocol, possibly over a secure transport like
SSL, that employs S/MIME to protect the message payload and
involves a B2B portal exchange that authentictes the message sending
party via processing of Credential, producing a Named Assertion
and any applicable entitlements.

2) B2B Transaction using different protocols
A B2B Document Exchange Transaction that involves two trading
parties such that sending party (e.g., Buyer) uses one
messaging/transport protocol (e.g., OBI) and receiving party
(e.g., Supplier) uses a another messaging/transport protocol
(e.g., ebXML). A B2B exchange service provide must provide
relevant interoperability services such that authenticated
Named Assertions and Entitlements can be propagated from one
messaging protocol onto another, preserving the security semantics
of the the transaction between the two parties across two
protocols and via atleast one intermediary portal exchange.

3) B2B Transaction over mutliple Portals
Same as Use Case#3 with variation of a multi-hop portal
scenario where the messages may end up traversing over between
possiblly more than 2 intermediary portals, involving two
trading parties.

Last use case was discussed a few ago in the Security Binding
Conf Call.

I can elaborate on both of these use cases further in our Use Case
tele-conf tomorrow. Furthemore, I'll be happy to formally expand
on these use cases/issues in the future.

Any comments/feedback welcomed, and sorry for the late response.

thanks,
Zahid

Zahid Ahmed                     Commerce One, Inc.
Commerce Security Architect
email: zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com