Subject: Re: Ballot Attached - Group 3: Sessions (revised)

My ballot on Issue Group 3: Sessions, with hard line-wrapping this time, is
attached in file..

  Group3Form-hodges-2001-02-24.txt

thanks,

JeffH
votes on Group3Issues.htm

Jeff Hodges
24-Feb-2001

Issue: [UC-3-1:UserSession]
1. Add this requirement and/or use cases to [OSSML]

rationale: if there's these "assertions" floating about between various
entities that serve to assert the identity of some particular entity, there's
notions of "validity time period" (however implemented), and there's notions of
"state" relative to the asserted identity, then I feel what we have here meets
the definition of a "session", and we ought to use that term (and really figure
out what all the implications are).

http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=session&action=Search
http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=state

ISSUE:[UC-3-02:ConversationSession]
2. Do further analysis on this requirement to determine what it is specifically.

ISSUE:[UC-3-03:Logout]
2. Do not add this requirement and/or use cases

rationale: I believe this is subsummed within the topic of [UC-3-1:UserSession]
and we should deal with it explicitly in that context.

Issue: [UC-3-6:Destination Logout]
2. Do not add this requirement and/or use cases

rationale: I believe this is subsummed within the topic of [UC-3-1:UserSession]
and we should deal with it explicitly in that context.

Issue: [UC-3-7:Logout Extent].
3. abstain.

rationale: needs clarification. E.g. BobB's point in Group3VoteBlakley.html
should be considered.

ISSUE:[UC-3-04:StepUpAuthc]
1. Move this issue to the AuthC issue group and leave open for discussion
and voting.

ISSUE:[UC-3-05:SessionTimeout]
2. Do not add this requirement and/or use cases

rationale: I believe this is subsummed within the topic of [UC-3-1:UserSession]
and we should deal with it explicitly in that context.

Issue: [UC-3-8:Destination Timeout]
2. Do not add this requirement and/or use cases

rationale: I believe this is subsummed within the topic of [UC-3-1:UserSession]
and we should deal with it explicitly in that context.

---
end