Subject: RE: Inputs to Strawman/Issue List - Group 2: B2B Scenario Variati ons

> There is a misunderstanding here. We have agreed to exclude
> Authentication methods NOT credential representation! I
> dont see how including some credentials within an XML document
> and sending it to a server constitutes an authentication
> service. All you are doing is trusting the server with
> your credentials.

Prateek,

That's what I originally thought (all this Use case is
discussing is the exploiting Credential specification in
a XML message).

To reconcile David and Evan's comments w.r.t. use of
Credentials and B2B application authentication as discussed
in Issue# 2-05, I see 2 options:

1) Should we have a clarification statement, indicating that
steps 2-4 in Issue# 2-05 are consistent with the definition
and scope of Credentials defined in SAML and that the
B2B/Credential-based authentication service model used is
out of scope of the 2-05.

OR,

2) Should we have clearly delinated sections to 2-05 w.r.t.
what is in-scope and what is out-of-scope, as David and
Evan suggest?

I strongly prefer #1.

David/Evan,
Please let me know if option#1 is acceptable, s.t. we
preserve steps 2-4 in 2-05?

I want to get a revised version out to the use-case group
later today in line with the current inputs.

thanks,
Zahid