Subject: RE: Inputs to Strawman/Issue List - Group 2: B2B Scenario Variati ons

David,

if we exclude credentials from SAML we are going to be left
with very little in the way of identifying subjects. What is
the point of a name assertion if we do not have standard ways
of calling out "names" within it: public keys, string tokens, X509 DNs,
Certificates, and yes, even name and password (just another
secret credential). How can we have an interesting notion of an Az service
if there
are no standard credentials?

> I believe this was voted out of scope for SAML version 1.0,

I have no reason to believe we have agreed not to standardize
credentials. It remains on the issue list (I believe with
an  8Yes/ 3No vote) and remains very much part of our
discussion.

I still do not understand the objection to Steps 2-4. One server
sends another trusted server some credentials together with a payload;
the second server in some unspecificed fashion reads the credentials
and generates a name assertion and property assertions which
it attaches to the payload. Where is the authentication protocol?

- prateek