Subject: RE: AuthN and Credentials

I believe that these scenarios are the basis of the requirement:

[R-Anonymity] SAML will allow assertions to be made about anonymous
principals, where "anonymous" means that an assertion about a principal does
not include an attribute uniquely identifying the principal (ex: user name,
distinguished name, etc.).

Regards,

Darren