Subject: RE: Requirement for Isolated Request for Authorization Atributes

Evan, I can roughly see where you're going.  But from a guy trying
desparately to clearly define terms and relationships, I'm still really
confused.  The detailed questions:

I don't see the term "policy assertions" in the glossary.  Is this security
policies?

I don't see the term "authorization assertion" used in your explanation, as
in the glossary definition 'the user "noodles" is granted "execute"
privileges on the resource "/usr/bin/guitar."'  Is this what you meant by
"authorization decision"?

How do these relate to the term "authorization policy decision"?  Is this an
authorization decision?

Does the authentication assertion have 2 states: without authorization
attributes and with authorization attributes?  Or are these different
constructs?

Dave