Subject: RE: ISSUE:[UC-7-0{1|2}:Enveloping]

My thinking is that in the real world, security is an afterthought. People
will build systems that construct a business message and sign it. When they
get around to thinking about providing Attribute Assertions with it, they
won't want to change anything they are doing.

For that reason I consider SAML enveloped in a business document to be
impractical.

Conversly, Enveloping business documents in SAML seems more likely. However,
I don't see why SAML can't just include a hash of the document in the
assertion, protected by the assertion signature.

I admit I have not studied xmldsig's use of these terms, so I may be missing
something.

Hal