Subject: RE: ISSUE:[UC-7-0{1|2}:Enveloping]

In general terms, I would characterize this issue
as scoping or providing a framework for the
bindings work. Typically, XML processors are organized
around some kind of flexible packaging or protocol
framework: MIME, SOAP, ebXML, home-grown, etc. All of the more
mature frameworks provide "hooks" for additional stuff
like transactional state, security, headers of various
sorts. Legacy and home-grown protocols may not have these
flexibilities "built in"; I assume this is the case where
CR-7-01 would be of interest.

The idea of developing a SAML + business payload packaging framework
(essentially [CR-7-01:Enveloping] sounds pretty daunting to me.
It may be a "univeral" solution but one for which I guess we
will not have sufficient bandwidth. MIME provides a compromise
in this space, as it is an existing "universal" packaging
framework and a SAML MIME binding may provide a general
enough setup.

- prateek