Subject: RE: ISSUE:[UC-6-01:XMLProtocol]

I definitely think we should mandate a SOAP 1.1 binding.

There has been no public statement (that I know of) from Microsoft or IBM
indicating that they will not ship a subsequent SOAP spec or discontinue
work on SOAP in favour of XMLP.  This is an implicit assumption that has not
been explicitly stated.

I think if XMLP delivers a spec within a timely manner, this will be the
likely outcome.  But there is no current XMLP spec that we could bind to.
That's what I mean by no such deliverable.  It just ain't there yet, though
everybody wants it.

So we should mandate the thing that exists (SOAP 1.1), and re-open an
additional binding to something like xmlp once xmlp ships and appears to be
endorsed.  For the same reasons that I don't endorse requirements containing
forward references to XMLE (which doesn't exist yet), I don't like forward
references to XMLP.

Cheers,
Dave