Subject: Tim's vote RE: BALLOT: Issue Group 12

Title: Tim's vote RE: BALLOT: Issue Group 12

Issue Group 12:

ISSUE:[UC-12-01:Confidentiality]

Choose one of the following:

a) Confidentiality and integrity (C&I) protection of SAML messages is
required.

ISSUE: [UC-12-02:ConfidentialMessages]

b) C&I protection shall be specified as part of each protocol binding.
Each binding must include a description of how the confidentiality and
integrity of SAML messages can be protected within that binding. Examples:
S/MIME for MIME, HTTP/S for HTTP.

ISSUE:[UC-12-03:EncryptionNow]

a) Integrity protection shall use XML DSIG, and confidentiality
protection shall not be available.

Tim: "Bindings may address confidentiality"

ISSUE:[UC-12-04:EncryptionLater]

b) SAML shall be revised to use XML Encryption.