Subject: RE: References

<Taken from Hal's message>
> Part of the reason for making this distinction is that I
> favor the former
> over the latter for SAML.
</Taken from Hal's message>

I agree - "compact data value which has no inherent meaning" is better than
"some meaningful data ... presented in compressed and perhaps encrypted
form".  I agree, as well, that we're getting into design here - and that
this particular bit of design should be done in the bindings subgroup.

- Darren