semantic-ex message

Subject: RE: [semantic-ex] SEE Frequently Asked Questions

Michal,

After a quick read of the OASIS SEE TC FAQ, I have some questions:

*	Do you anticipate a relationship between the OASIS SEE TC and
the ebXML reg/rep project? The FAQ lists specifically the UDDI registry.
*	Do you anticipate using an established software architecture
framework like TOGAF or the US FEA framework?
*	Has there been any thought given to creating an ontology-base
architecture description language?
*	Why is there a need for Mediators in the Web Services Modeling
Ontology? IMHO: It would seem that a generic concept like Mediator would
add ambiguity to the ontology. If the ontology is internally consistent
why would it need to know that there are external adaptors which
facilitate non-standard communication?

Zachary Alexander
The IT Investment Architect
ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
http://www.ebtdesign.com | http://www.ebtdesign.com/form

-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Zaremba [mailto:michal.zaremba@deri.org]
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 6:59 AM
To: semantic-ex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: see@lists.deri.org
Subject: [semantic-ex] SEE Frequently Asked Questions

Dear all,

Attached is current status of FAQ, which we will use at SEE TC website
[1].

Please give me your feedback, which I will incorporate into next
versions of
this document.

Michal

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=semantic-ex

Michal Zaremba
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI) Galway

Phone: +353 91 495009
Mobile: +353 85 7195862
Fax: +353 91 495541

DERI web: http://www.deri.ie