semantic-ex message

Subject: JtC = cross post solution (was) ... Re: The real SOA challenge?

     1.  Reply to Joe and John:  I hope so.
     2.  Request to all:  This interesting but long thread is going on in
five e-mail lists.  These TCs have much in common, that properly is a basis
for further chat, but while maintaining the separate and independent
activities of each TC.  I would like to suggest a solution.  It would take
some duplicate traffic off these lists, and provide a place for these
cross-TC, SOA-oriented coordination conversations.
     I suggest that these 5 TCs consider starting a "service architecture
joint committee."  The rules of that OASIS structure can be found at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.16.  It does not require
any surrender of each committee's own work plan or views, but would provide
a forum for discussion of possible voluntary coordination.  I will take
this up further with your committee chairs, and discuss what kind of
charter/outline might work.  If the TCs (or some subset of them) wish to do
so, a JtC would create a place where matters of joint interest can be more
effectively discussed.
     Regards  Jamie

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org