semantic-ex message

Subject: Change of co-chair

Dear all,

Dieter would like to resign from his chair position and he suggested
John Domingue from the Open University to co-chair SEE TC committee
together with me. Dieter would like to remain a voting member and a
contributor of the SEE TC.

John is the Deputy Director of the Knowledge Media Institute at The Open
University, UK. He has published over 80 refereed articles; he is
involved in a number of projects and is currently a Co Principle
Investigator on the UK EPSRC funded Advanced Knowledge Technologies
(AKT) project, the Scientific Director of the EU funded Integrated
Project on Semantic Web Services DIP, and a chair of the WSMO working group.

As stated in OASIS Technical Committee Process document [1], a vacancy
in chairing a TC shall be deemed to exist when the Chair or one or both
co-Chairs has resigned the position. Vacancies in chairing a TC shall be
filled by election from the membership of the TC; the TC may elect at
any time by vote to elect a co-Chair, if only one Chair is seated, or to
leave a second seat vacant.

I would like to propose to vote tomorrow during our regular phone
conference.

Michal

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

Michal Zaremba
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI) Innsbruck

Phone: +353 91 495009
Mobile: +353 85 7195862
Fax: +353 91 495541

DERI Innsbruck website: http://www.deri.at