semantic-ex message

Subject: RE: [semantic-ex] Groups - SEE TC Phone conference modified

Dear SEE TCD members,

Concerning my tasks on "Related Work Deliverable"

>  Emanuele to check the contributions on WSMO, WSML and WSMX

WSMO description could be extended a little bit and some references
should be provided.

WSML reference is OK. Some references should be provided.

WSMX part is very well done.

>  Emanuele to check the consistency of the document

The document can be improved in terms of consistency by rewriting each
section in accordance with a generic schema. I may suggest something
like:
- short description of the activity
- motivation
  - of the activity
  - relationships with other activities
- achievements and roadmap
- participants (optional)
- to learn more

It's going to be a tough work. Is it worth a try?

> Emanuele to check section 2 and provide an idea of how to make it more
> SOA centric than just about semantic SOAs

I suggest to separate section 2 in two chapters. The first is about SOA,
the second is about attempts in adding semantics to SOA. I suggest to
include in the SOA chapter some sections of the current chapter 3 (e.g.
OASIS SOA Reference Model TC, OASIS SOA Adoption Blueprints TC). In
addition in this chapter we can bring description of the current
implementation of the SOA over the Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, BPEL,
etc.). Only well known standards should be included.

Best,

Emanuele