semantic-ex message

Subject: RE: [semantic-ex] Action Items from phone conference 24/11/2008

Dear Michal and all,

According to our involvement in SOA4ALL, I see mainly two ways to contribute
to the SOA TC:
- We are heavily involved in WP1 which deals with semantic service
architecture and reference implementation. I think part of this work may be
used for SEE-RA work.
- We are also involved in WP3 and we lead a deliverable called "Semantic
Annotations For WS-Policy (SA-Policy)" that can be also used for
contribution to SEE TC.

Regards,
Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre LORRE
R&D Director EBM WebSourcing - SOA open-source company
Phone: + 33 (0) 5 34 32 03 11
Mobile: + 33 (0) 6 88 34 63 85
Skype: jplorre2
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jplorre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Michal Zaremba [mailto:michal.zaremba@sti2.at]
Envoyé : mercredi 10 décembre 2008 10:24
À : Jean-Pierre LORRE
Cc : semantic-ex@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Mick Kerrigan'

Hi Jean,

Could you please let us know how are you going to contribute to SEE TC
from the perspective of SOA4All project. Where could we expect your
contributions?

Michal

Jean-Pierre LORRE wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Here is a short description about EBM WebSourcing technologies:
>
> EBM WebSourcing is an open-source editor (SME) established on 2004 in
> Toulouse, France. With 30 people specialized in middleware technology and
> service oriented architecture, EBM WebSourcing provides a strong added
value
> in term of service infrastructure for collaborative businesses.
>
> EBM WebSourcing offers support and professional services for users of our
> technologies that are provided in open-source inside the OW2 Consortium
> (former ObjectWeb). EBM WebSourcing leads relative communities and is the
> core committer of the projects.
>
> EBM WebSourcing is working on two main families of open-source products:
> 1/ A JBI (Java Business Integration JSR 208) compliant Enterprise Service
> Bus (PEtALS http://petals.ow2.org/). Available under LGPL licence, PEtALS
is
> based on a distributed architecture that allow setting up a scalable
> federated architecture organised around a set of domains managing
services.
> 2/ A semantic open-source registry (DRAGON) that target SOA governance.
This
> tool is able to manage services and their description both at design time
> and run time and is available under LGPL licence. It provides a complete
> data model that allows describing syntactic (WSDL) and semantic (SAWSDL)
> information as well as SLA (WS-Agreement, WS-Policy). Thanks to the PEtALS
> integration, DRAGON also allows to manage information about deployed
> services.
>
> EBM WebSourcing is involved in the following projects: SEMEUSE
> (www.semeuse.org funded by ANR) and SOA4ALL (www.soa4all.org funded by
> European Commission), that both target a semantic service infrastructure
> based on PEtALS.
> Our implication in the OASIS SEE standardization work is motivated by the
> aim of leveraging knowledge about semantic services and the possibility to
> provide an open-source implementation of the SEE-RA.
>
> Feel free to ask me if you need more information.
>
> Regards,
> Jean-Pierre

> Jean-Pierre LORRE
> R&D Director EBM WebSourcing - SOA open-source company
> Phone: + 33 (0) 5 34 32 03 11
> Mobile: + 33 (0) 6 88 34 63 85
> Skype: jplorre2

Michal Zaremba
Semantic Technology Institute (STI) Innsbruck

Phone: +43 (0) 512 507 96846
Mobile: +43 (0) 650 7195862
Fax: +43 512 507 9872

STI Innsbruck website: http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/