semantic-ex message

Subject: Change of Chairs

As we discussed on todays phone conference, the current chairs of the
OASIS Semantic-ex Technical committee have decided to step down once
suitable replacements for them can be found.

When the first technical committee meeting occurred we agreed that a
co-chair situation is the best way to proceed with the TC and I don't
personally think that this has changed in the last number of years. Thus
  we are looking for two new chairs of the group.

There are currently two candidates for the co-chair positions, Barry
Norton from the Open University and myself. If there is anyone else
interested in becoming a chair of the TC they should express their
interest to the current chairs, namely John Domingue and Michal Zaremba.
  Please express your interest within the next two weeks, at which time
we will establish a poll over the voting members of the technical
committee to elect the two new co-chairs. Please note that a unanimous
vote is required to elect each of the chairs so please vote on the poll
once it is made available.

Regards,

~Mick

--