set message

Subject: Re: [set] Comments on submitted requirements presentations.

Hi Dale,

We had already established such a room and informed the SET TC.
This mail is available at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/set/email/archives/200807/msg00019.html

Please note that the conference chat room URL is:

http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/settc_20080814

Best regards,

Asuman

Moberg Dale wrote:

> Hi SET TC,
>
> 1. A public chat room that can be started easily and allows for note
> taking for TCs is found at
>
> http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/set
>
> [ the room is dynamically created from the value in the path following
> “room” ]
>
> It is a convenient way to exchange URLs to others in the group for web
> accessible information relevant to a discussion.
>
> 2. Is there a web browser page that allows access to the presentations
> that are made? I worked from home on the last call but still NAT
> seemed to prevent access. I tinkered with some ports but had no
> success. Tomorrow I must be at work during the call and there is a
> nasty HTTP proxy and few, if any, ways to open up TCP or UDP ports.
>
> If time does not permit, perhaps responses could be posted to this
> mailing list regarding the questions posed in the comments.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dale Moberg
>
> */ /*
>
> */ /*
>
> */ /*
>
> */ENEA experience in message/*
>
> */based interoperability/*
>
> Tools for semi-automatic mapping and support to
>
> its documentation
>
> X-Lab has setup a tool to automatically generate a UBL 2.0 ontology
>
> to semantically describes processes, activities and UBL documents in
>
> terms of structural components and their relationships*//*
>
> Open issue: a well accepted language to define
>
> mappings and related rules.
>
> <Comment>
>
> The stated issue is unclear to me: Are the mappings of interest
> between two variants of UBL documents, such as a document A1 in
> UBL-SBS and A2 in UBL-NES? Or between UBL documents and, say, OAGIS
> BODs or GS1 XML?
>
> I am aware of limited standards applicable to the topic of business
> document translation. One OMG initiative is QVT; see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QVT which begins:
>
> Model transformation
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_transformation> is the process of
> converting a model Ma conforming to metamodel MMa into a model Mb
> conforming to metamodel MMb. If MMa=MMb, then the transformation is
> *endogenous*, otherwise it is an *exogenous* transformation. Model
> transformation is a critical component of model-driven architectures
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-driven_architecture> (MDA).
> Recognizing this, a Request for proposal (RFP) has been issued by OMG
> on MOF <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOF> Query/View/Transformation to
> seek a standard compatible with the MDA recommendation suite (UML,
> MOF, OCL, etc.).
>
> But should a business document be thought of as a M1 level model?
> Would the M2 level be an xsd schema, for example?
>
> OCL might be compatible with “description logic” semantics such as
> those expressed in flavors of OWL.
>
> But CCTS and CCMA contain various UML/MOF style M2 models of documents
> [...]

Professor Asuman Dogac             email: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
Director                           Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center                       +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.        Fax: +90 (312) 210 5572                      Middle East Technical University        +90 (312) 210 1259
06531 Ankara Turkey                      skype: adogac