set message

Subject: [Fwd: Re: [set] HL7 CDA and CCTS...]

Here is a mail from Peter Yim on the subject.

Professor Asuman Dogac             email: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
Director                           Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center                       +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.        Fax: +90 (312) 210 5572                      Middle East Technical University        +90 (312) 210 1259
06531 Ankara Turkey                      skype: adogac

--- Begin Message ---
I believe there is a lot of related work going on ...

It might be helpful for those interested to revisit the talk
Christopher Chute gave on LexGrid that he gave at Ontolog earlier.
See: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_14

Chris is is a Board member of the ANSI Health Information Standards
Technology Panel, Convener of Healthcare Concept Representation WG3
within the ISO Health Informatics Technical Committee, chair-elect of
the US delegation to ISO TC215 for Health Informatics, co-chair of the
HL7 Vocabulary Committee. He is also principal investigator on the
LexGrid project, an open-source implementation and framework for the
ANSI and ISO standard Common Terminology Services through HL7. This
work has been adopted by Cancer Bioinformatics Grid (caBIG) at NCI.
LexGrid also provides the core infrastructure for the NIH Roadmap
project at the National Center for Biomedical Ontologies (NCBO).

Regards.  =ppy
--

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:10 AM,  <asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr> wrote:
> Dear TC Members,
>
> As you may remember, during our last TC meeting, Timo Itala from the Helsinki University of Technology had requested information on whether CCTS approach would be useful in forming the HL7 CDAs. I have prepared  some slides on this; there seems to be considerable benefit for the interoperability of different CDA schemas if CCTS approach is used in forming them.
>
> I would like to schedule a TC meeting for the  interested members on Nov. 13, 2008 Thursday at 16pm Berlin time.
> Please let me know your availability.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Asuman

--- End Message ---