set message

Subject: Re: [set] Data Types...

Scott mentioned on the call that he believes that any HL7
implementation of CCTS v3
should avoid creating its own qualified datatypes and mainly use CCTS
ones. I would
be interested to hear reasons behind this. Would it help with mapping
at all? If two BBIEs
are based on the same core component and each has a datatype based on the same
core component type (datatype) then is there any problem introduced in
mapping one to
the other if one is based on an unqualified or CCTS-qualified datatype
and the other is
based on a custom-qualified datatype?

--
Stephen D. Green