set message

Subject: Re: [set] Conference call to discuss the future of the SET TC

Tim, Peter, thanks for your response. You'll find agreement among the
staff that this TC has a charter worth achieving. We would rather see
it get back in gear than take the wheels off the bike.

However, I cannot leave the TC open without a Chair. The TC has been
without a Chair for long past the allowable time frame presented by
the TC rules ("The TC Administrator must close a TC that ... fails to
elect a Chair for the period provided in Section 2.7. [120 days]")

If the TC can hold a meeting and elect a Chair within say 3 weeks -
lets say by October 12th - then I'm happy to give you all some time to
regroup. Can you all get that done?

Thanks,

/chet

> I concur with Tim. (I, too, cannot make the Friday 9/21 call, but
> would have, if it weren't for the schedule conflict.) =ppy
> --
>>On 9/16/12, Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com> wrote:
>> i appreciate that for a variety of reasons this TC has been inactive.
>>
>> However, over the coming months I think there may be an emerging need
>> for this work to be taken up again.
>>
> > perhaps we could defer this decision for a few more months?
>>
>> unfortunately i cannot make the call on friday.

> On 14/09/12 11:07 PM, Chet Ensign wrote:
>> Members of the SET TC,
>>
>> I am writing to ask if you have an interest in joining a call to
>> discuss the future of the TC.
>>
>> The SET TC currently has no chair. In addition, looking at the
>> calendar and email archive, it appears that the TC has been inactive
>> for well over a year. Without a Chair or evidence of meetings, I am
>> obligated to close the TC.
>>
>> If you believe that the TC should continue to operate and can be
>> reinvigorated, I invite you to join me on a call Friday, 21 September
>> at 2:00 pm US Eastern time. If I hear interest from any of you, I will
>> schedule the call and send out its logistics.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for getting back to me on this.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> /chet
>> ----------------
>> Chet Ensign
>> Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
>> OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
>> http://www.oasis-open.org
>>
>> Primary: +1 973-996-2298
>> Mobile: +1 201-341-1393
>>
>> TC Administration information and support is available at
>> http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin
>>
>> Follow OASIS on:
>> LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
>> Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen