smartgrid-discuss message

Subject: Real Life Composition

(with apologies to long-time OASIS members for duplication)

This week's acceptance of a revision of the WS Transaction suite is an example of composable protocols that would greatly benefit the smart grid. There are two messages in this.

(1) For those new to composable standards, there is a style of creating standards. A message may be wrapped in a message and surrounded by a hand shake. In a similar way, we have talked here about price, and market negotiations, and ws-calendar.

(2) Whatever smartgrid payloads we develop, the particular features of this suite, i.e., "reliable message exchange, coordinate the outcome of distributed application actions, and enable trusted relationships" speaks to the core of the smart grid - DR- DG - NZE chalenge.

tc

(from this weeks news)

Nine Web services specs become OASIS Standards

Members have approved specifications developed by the WS Reliable Exchange (WS-RX), WS Transactions (WS-TX), and WS Secure Exchange (WS-SX) TCs. These standards support reliable message exchange, coordinate the outcome of distributed application actions, and enable trusted relationships. They can be implemented individually or in combination with one another to meet specific SOA requirements. Congratulations to the WS-RX TC co-chairs, Paul Fremantle of WS02 and Sanjay Patil of SAP; WS-TX chair, Ian Robinson of IBM; Chris Kaler of Microsoft and Kelvin Lawrence of IBM; and to all participants in these TCs including representatives of IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Adobe, Axway, BMC, CA, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Intel, NEC, NeuStar, Nokia, Nortel, Novell, Progress Software, Red Hat, Ricoh, SAP, SOA Software, Software AG, TIBCO, VeriSign,  US Veterans Health Administration, and others for this accomplishment.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200902/msg00000.html

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell
Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC http://www.oasis-open.org
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Toby.Considine@gmail.com
TC9, Inc
Phone: (919)619-2104
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com