smartgrid-interest message

Subject: RE: [smartgrid-interest] Draft Charter - Energy Market Information Exchange

Hi Brian, I had to think about this for a day! Perhaps my statements are going to cause a heated debate, but, here I go:

I really do not see why everything has to communicate IP. What’s wrong with having devices communicate in their own native languages and over their desired (most optimal) media? What do we gain by having all devices communicate IP if – and as you (Brian) suggested – we do not first come up with the abstract model? We have a hammer?

With kind regards,

Michel Kohanim, C.E.O

Universal Devices, Inc.

(p) 818.631.0333