smartgrid-interest message

Subject: RE: [smartgrid-interest] What's wrong with having devices communicate in their own native languages

Moderator:

Please remove me from the mailing list. Thanks.

Bill Melendez
HEMS Technology

--- On Fri, 4/3/09, Michel Kohanim <michel@universal-devices.com> wrote:
From: Michel Kohanim <michel@universal-devices.com>
To: smartgrid-interest@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 12:04 PM

Hello Brian,

I think we now agree on a lot of things the most important of which is the definition of the model. As far as addressing, prior to REST, I would’ve agreed with you. But using REST, one can address even a SQL Field, within a specific record of an object in a specific location and so on an so forth. As long as we keep a neutral addressing scheme (such as URLs/REST) we could address any individual object and even properties of that object either behind a gateway or on the Internet.

With kind regards,

Michel Kohanim, C.E.O

Universal Devices, Inc.

(p) 818.631.0333