smartgrid-interest message

Subject: Re: [smartgrid-interest] Draft Charter - Energy Interop Commentson Charter (was eMIX thread)

Lance --

This is about your comment regarding Energy Interop -- The Energy Interoperation charter will be coming out for formal review later today or on April 14th.

The comment period is 14 days; I'll make sure that the notice is posted here.

At this point it's formally OASIS member comments, but non-members should post comments to this list and we'll get them on oasis-charter-discuss list on your behalf (even though I'll have to help answer them!) :-)

BTW, OGC is a member of OASIS, so OGC staff should be able to sign up and subscribe to the oasis-charter-discuss list as well as send comments, I believe.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

Lance McKee wrote:

SNIP
4) I missed the end of the comment period for the draft charter of the OASIS Energy Interoperation TechnicalCommittee, so I failed to register my comment (offered as an OGC consultant) that indoor and outdoor spatial locations and spatial relationships matter. But this is important for commerce as well. Geospatial standards from the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), ISO TC/211 and IEEE 1451 are in wide use and need to be incorporated into the Smart Grid standards ecosystem. OGC and the buildingSMART Alliance recently completed the first in a planned series of multi-sponsor, multi-participant AEC-Owner-Operator (AECOO) Testbeds in which energy is an important focus. Follow-on AECOO Testbeds will likely involve the OGC Sensor Web Enablement and IEEE 1451 "smart transducer" standards. OASIS has a memorundum of understanding with the OGC. The OGC's CTO is Carl Reed (creed@opengeospatial.org). The buildingSMART alliance contact for the AECOO testbed is Christopher Groome (chris.groome@b-r-t.co.uk). The IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society’s Sensor Technology Technical Committee is chaired by Kang Lee (kang.lee@nist.gov).

Thank you for the opportunity to offer these comments.

Lance

Lance McKee
phone/fax: 508-752-0108
cell: 508-868-2295