smartgrid-interest message

Subject: REST and State

(retitled to follow conversation fork.)

Example: Many proposals in California et al. suggest that the price information itself be continuously broadcast on a reserved FM brand. DR days are in some places today submitted into the emergency CAP system and broadcast as CAP Alerts. EMIX is compatible with either of them. Energy Interoperation may have to encompass both of them [note to self – add to current draft]

Smart grid activities must embrace a variety of architectures. The value of certain kinds of infrastructure in a rural environment with miles between meters and little chance of picking up the neighbors wireless signals is quite different from that in a high-rise condo, with 100 meters in a small room, and no easy way to determine whose dishwasher is wirelessly binding to whose DR decisions.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board