soa-blueprints message

Subject: WS-TX

I joined the WS-Transactions TC and attended their F2F last week. Although I don't think we have the sort of liason
requirements that we may have in other SOA related TCs, the notion of SOAs and services did come up in the discussion. One particular example was compensation (e.g. in a rollback scenario), certain services may be compensatable and others may not. It wasn't too certain whether this property should be expressed in the service metadata or some policies. It was extremely undesirable to that group for the transaction semantics or protocol to be modified though.