soa-blueprints message

Subject: Re: [soa-blueprints] Primer

I have not been following the email carefully enough, so forgive me if this has already been established but

1. Exactly what is a blueprint?
2. What purpose does it serve?
3. Why should I think one will be generally applicable?
4. Why do I care?

Do we expect that a blueprint will be a sort of turnkey formula?  How do we determine the limits of applicability for a given blueprint?  Are there underlying assumptions that all blueprints have in common, or is each blueprint fundamentally different (a very possible construction), or are there fundamental groupings with multiple non-redundant examples in each group?

I think agreeing on a clear strawman definition of blueprint is essential.  It can be modified as we learn more but we need a clear starting point.

Ken