soa-blueprints message

Subject: RE: [soa-blueprints] Primer

Steve,

Good luck on the head cold :-)

The key is modularity.  You can't reuse pieces if one piece is the
entire process.  You can't effectively modify your process if every
change requires a rewrite of your stovepipe software.

This gets back to the question of what we mean by blueprint and what
we are writing it/them for.  Do we write a detailed POS
blueprint?  How reusable is that for someone not interested in
POS?  Can we lay out a few generic blueprints for things like
long-running processes with structure that says, "Your company
specific piece fits here."?

So I think we mostly agree.

Ken