soa-blueprints message

Subject: Re: [soa-blueprints] > Client Patterns

It would in essence be different actors to a service.

An actor can be:
- service client
- portal
- orchestrating service
- service broker
- etc...

These can have actors themselves that can follow similar patterns of consuming the service.

My 2 cents.... More to follow as I have time to comment.

- dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Cowan <mcowan@adobe.com>
To: Marchant, Dan R. <marchadr@imc.wellsfargo.com>; soa-blueprints@lists.oasis-open.org <soa-blueprints@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wed Nov 30 14:01:19 2005

Hi,

	I would go beyond it being a devilish detail by saying that it
could present equal complexity  to the patterns being defined on the
back end.  Consider a long running process in the context of a portable
client that is sometimes connected to the back end.  How does the static
nature of service react to being not always being in contact with the
environment that it is part of?

	Going further - how does the client side orchestration of
services define what happens in the back end?  Are there patterns that
define how these should interact with one another.

	Perhaps another way to ask this - is the client another SOA
container that defines how services interplay?

	Breaking this apart I see three classes of blueprints.
		1. User patterns
		2. User/System patterns
		3. System patterns

Thoughts?