soa-blueprints message

Subject: Re: [soa-blueprints] To Proceed

A blueprint is detailed instructions on how to implement a particular
design. Construction blueprints are modified as the building is constructed
to reflect the actual decisions the contractor made in the field.

In building construction, of course, one can have a plan that is distinct
from the artifact itself. In the software world, detailed instructions on
implementation is very often identical to writing code.

I suppose one could describe a particular SOA in terms of service inputs
and outputs and orchestrations, etc. without reference to a vendor
implementation. This is some soft of architectural document, not a blueprint.

I understand what a reference architecture is. I understand what a concrete
architecture is. I have no idea what an abstract blueprint is.

Michael