soa-blueprints message

Subject: RE: [soa-blueprints] To Proceed

Actually architects do specify the actual building materials and their
strengths when coming up with a blueprint. They have to make sure the
buildings they design can stand up. Engineering companies may check and
validate the architect's choices.

The real point, I think, is those intermediate documents that you refer to
are architectural documents that belong to a reference architecture, not a
blueprint which deals with an implementation. Implementation means getting
vendor specific which I think is something the TC wants to avoid. We might
want to come up with reference architectures, or concrete architectures
which then could be implemented with a specific vendors technology (as with
Generico).

But call it a blueprint, or a reference architecture, we still have to
decide the domain of discourse. In other words, we have to decide what
types of documents we want, and why we want them.

I am not sure how one goes about doing that.

Michael